Sunday, February 23, 2014

Personal Growth: 5 Goals for Professional Development

As I'm completing the course, Technology for Staff Development at American College of Education. I think about my own personal goals for professional development and growth.  I wanted to share my goals so I could look back and reflect on them at the end of the year. 

I would like to be able to learn to create professional presentations using Camtasia or Adobe’s Premiere. Both of these programs are expensive and I will have to put aside time to learn. But being able to create a visual presentation will help me create well rounded professional development.

This year I was blessed with the opportunity to attend many different educational technology conferences. I would like to make a goal of being able to bring back the knowledge and skills to my peers. Because of this class I believe i will be able to create better learning opportunities and materials for my peers.

Recently I have learned how to use Twitter to better connect with my education technology peers, creating my personal learning network. Be a connected Educator keeps me up to date with trends and emerging technology. A goal I have to further develop this personal learning network.

At the beginning of every year the technology departments host a training day. Its my goal to use the skills and steps used to develop a curriculum. I would like to survey the staff on my campus at the end of the school year to assess their needs. Then create a program based on those needs.

My last goal is one that I have been dreaming about for years. I would like to submit a proposal to Texas Computer Education Association for the 2015 conferences. 





No comments:

Post a Comment