Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Whatttt? Apps on a Laptop?

This is exactly how I felt when my mentor attended a Google academy class last month. So I had to set out to explore this fact. You may know exactly what an app is..one of those things on a iPad or your phone. But today you can also find apps on your regular ole' computer screen too!
                                        mycrome 
Google Chrome allows you to "download" apps right to your chrome screen. Okay so download is not the right word, a better word is Bookmark. Which means these little babies don't take up any of your space and if they are being bad you just reload the tab/screen. 
An App is defined by a program that is run completely inside a web browser. Some of the most loved Chrome Apps that are loved from teachers in my school and myself are the password saving ones. 

Do you recommend any? LastPass Logo is what I'm currently using and it works great! Plus you can use it on different kinds of devices and computers systems.
Here is an example of what the chrome web store looks like. I'm currently researching different apps for a Photoshop and photo editing loving post.            
googlestore     



No comments:

Post a Comment